Washington export activity
2016 ($ Millions)
|Total all Industries||$79,559|
|Civilian Aircraft, Engines & Parts||$46,465|
|Corn (Maize), Other Than Seed Corn||$2,103|
|Wheat and Meslin||$1,636|
|Petrol Oil Bitum Mineral||$1,237|
|Ultrasonic Scanning Apparatus||$697|
|Coniferous Wood in the Rough, Not treated||$693|
|LT Oils, Preps GT=70% Petroleum/Bitumen||$540|
1997 to 2016
Inflation-Adjusted to 2016 Dollars
- Between 1997 and 2005, Washington exports averaged of $40 billion of goods per year.
- Between 2004 and 2008, total exports jumped from $34 billion to $55 billion due largely to a doubling of transportation equipment exports. The leveling off in 2008 was a result of a disruption in aircraft orders due to a protracted labor/management dispute. The slowdown in 2009 exports was due to the global recession.
- Transportation equipment, primarily aircraft and parts, accounted for over 58.4 percent of Washington exports in 2016.
- Washington has consistently ranked in the top states in exports during the last decade, and in 2016 ranked 3rd in total value of exports behind Texas and California.
- Foreign Trade: U.S. Census Bureau
Last modified: August 16, 2017