Washington export activity
2019 ($ Millions)
|Total all Industries||$60,122|
|Civilian Aircraft, Engines & Parts||$25,355|
|Soybeans, Other than Seed||$4,094|
|Wheat and Meslin, Not Duram, Other than Seed||$2,496|
|Petroleum Oils, Oils from Bituminous Minerals||$1,725|
|Corn (Maize), Other than Seed Corn||$1,334|
|Potatoes, Including French Fries, Prepared or Pres||$883|
|Ultrasonic Scanning Apparatus||$820|
|Flours and Meals of Soybeans||$717|
|Forage Products, NESOI, Including Rutabagas||$500|
1997 to 2019
Inflation-Adjusted to 2019 Dollars
- Between 1997 and 2005, Washington exports averaged of $40 billion of goods per year.
- Between 2004 and 2008, total exports jumped from $34 billion to $55 billion due largely to a doubling of transportation equipment exports. The leveling off in 2008 was a result of a disruption in aircraft orders due to a protracted labor/management dispute. The slowdown in 2009 exports was due to the global recession.
- Transportation equipment, primarily aircraft and parts, accounted for over 42.2% of Washington exports in 2019.
- Washington has consistently ranked in the top states in exports during the last decade, and in 2019 ranked 5th in total value of exports behind Texas, California, New York and Louisina.
- Foreign Trade: U.S. Census Bureau
Last modified: May 22, 2019
Tuesday, July 14, 2020