Number of Employees and Headcount Trends
Summary of workforce, headcounts as of March 31, 2020:
- executive branch – 65,200
- legislative branch – 769
- judicial branch – 491
- general government (excluding higher ed) – 66,460
- Number of State Employees by Agency and County (xlsx) - general government (excludes higher education institutions)
- Number of State Employees by Job (xlsx) - general government (excludes higher education institutions)
- Includes permanent and nonpermanent employees.
- Excludes higher education institutions.
Last Updated: 04/13/2020
Time Period: 03/31/2016–03/31/2020
Update Frequency: quarterly (end of fiscal quarter)