Number of Employees and Headcount Trends
Summary of workforce, headcounts as of September 30, 2020:
- executive branch – 66,496
- legislative branch – 738
- judicial branch – 490
- general government (excluding higher ed) – 67,724
- Number of State Employees by Agency and County (xlsx) - general government (excludes higher education institutions)
- Number of State Employees by Job (xlsx) - general government (excludes higher education institutions)
- Includes permanent and nonpermanent employees.
- Excludes higher education institutions.
Last Updated: 10/12/2020
Time Period: 09/30/2016–09/30/2020
Update Frequency: quarterly (end of fiscal quarter)