Number of Employees and Headcount Trends
Summary of workforce, headcounts as of June 30, 2020:
- executive branch – 66,999
- legislative branch – 753
- judicial branch – 492
- general government (excluding higher ed) – 68,244
- Number of State Employees by Agency and County (xlsx) - general government (excludes higher education institutions)
- Number of State Employees by Job (xlsx) - general government (excludes higher education institutions)
- Includes permanent and nonpermanent employees.
- Excludes higher education institutions.
Last Updated: 08/03/2020
Time Period: 06/30/2016–06/30/2020
Update Frequency: quarterly (end of fiscal quarter)