Number of Employees and Headcount Trends
Summary of workforce, headcounts as of March 31, 2019:
- executive branch – 63,731
- legislative branch – 979
- judicial branch – 476
- general government (excluding higher ed) – 65,186
- Number of State Employees by Agency and County (xlsx) - general government (excludes higher education institutions)
- Number of State Employees by Job (xlsx) - general government (excludes higher education institutions)
- Includes permanent and nonpermanent employees.
- Excludes higher education institutions.
Last Updated: 04/12/2019
Time Period: 03/31/2015–03/31/2019
Update Frequency: quarterly (end of fiscal quarter)