These resources are intended to help state agencies fulfill federal employment tax law requirements. Below are links to resources from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Social Security Administration (SSA).
Several of the listed sites include links to other important documents, sites, or available services.
- Article: IRS, Treasury unveil proposed W-4 design for 2020
- FAQs on the draft 2020 Form W-4
- Draft of the 2020 W-4
- Forms and Publications Homepage
- Form 941 - Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
- Form 941 Instructions
- Form 941-X - Adjusted Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return or Claim for Refund
- Form 941-X Instructions
- Form W-2 - Wage and Tax Statement (Info Copy Only)
- Form W-2 and W-3 General Instructions
- Form W-4 - Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
- Publication 15 - Employer's Tax Guide
- Publication 15A - Employer's Supplemental Tax Guide
- Publication 15B - Employer's Guide to Fringe Benefits
- Publication 963 - Federal-State Reference Guide
- Publication 969 - Health Savings Accounts and Other Tax-Favored Health Plans
- Publication 5138 - Quick Reference Guide for Public Employers
- Publication 1779 - Independent Contractor or Employee?