Census 2020 toolkits
Organizing for the 2020 Census doesn’t need to be difficult. Organizations across the country have been working on toolkits for several years, and more are coming online weekly. We provide links here to resources within Washington and nationwide that you can access depending on what you are trying to achieve and who you are targeting. We will update the list as more resources become available.
Toolkits can include templates and ready-to-use resources such as posters, stickers, pamphlets, handbills, suggested blog and newsletter posts, social media shareables, and targeted messages depending on demographic group and language.
Contact us if there's a resource we've missed.
Across the U.S.
- American Library Association: Libraries’ Guide to the 2020 Census [PDF]
- Arab-American Institute: Yalla Count Me In! Social Media Toolkit
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice: 2020 GOTC Community Engagement and Communications Toolkit
- Disability Rights California: 2020 Census Disability Community Toolkit
- Faith in Public Life: Toolkit [PDF]
- Indian Country Counts: 2020 Census Toolkit [PDF]
- The Leadership Conference: How State Legislators can ensure that every person counts
- National Alliance of Latino Elected Officials NALEO: Several toolkits
- National League of Cities: Census Action Guide [PDF]
- National LGBTQ Task Force: Guide to the 2020 Census [PDF]
- National Urban League: 2020 Census Resource Guide [PDF]
- Strong Nation/Ready Nation: Business Counts: How Business Can Contribute to an Accurate 2020 Census [PDF]
- U.S. Census Bureau: Community Outreach Toolkit [PDF]