Research & resources
The State Human Resources Division offers these research findings, best practices, tools, and useful links to assist agencies with their strategic HR initiatives.
Workforce management strategies
We review current literature, hold brainstorming sessions with Washington State agencies, and benchmark against best-in-class organizations to find the best practices, ideas, and strategies for improving human resource management.
HR research access
Washington State employees may access Corporate Leadership Council (CLC) using a valid email address. To learn more or to set up an account, visit our HR Research Access page.
- Corporate Leadership Council (CLC) (membership required)
Other resources and information
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) (membership required)
- International Public Management Association for Human Resources (IPMA-HR) (membership required)
- National Association of State Personnel Executives (NASPE)
- PEW Center on the States: State and Local Government
- State and Local Government Workforce: 2012 Trends, Survey Results from the Center for State and Local Government Excellence, April 2012 (PDF file)