2017–19 collective bargaining agreements
Looking for the 2019–21 collective bargaining agreement status report and submittal? See them on our agency memo page.
Note: *The U.S. Supreme Court issued its decision in Janus v. AFSCME on June 27, 2018. The primary issue in Janus was whether public employees can be compelled to pay representation fees as a condition of employment. The Court held, "[n]either an agency fee nor any other payment to the union may be deducted from a nonmember's wages, nor may any other attempt be made to collect such a payment, unless the employee affirmatively consents to pay."
In light of the Janus ruling and its inconsistency with the current contractual requirement for non-members to pay representation fees or non-association fees, OFM will begin immediately renegotiating the provisions of the dues deduction article(s) in each collective bargaining agreement.*
These collective bargaining agreements are effective during the biennium covering July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2019. The agreements cover employees in general government service, Washington State Patrol, higher education, child care and home care workers, adult family home providers, language access providers and employees of the Washington State Ferries. The website of the Washington State Legislature provides access to RCWs and WACs referenced in the agreements.
- Professional and Technical Employees (PTE) Local 17
- SEIU Healthcare 1199NW
- Teamsters Local 117
- Teamsters Local 117 Volume 2 - DES Only
- Washington Association of Fish and Wildlife Professionals (WAFWP)
- Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE)
- Washington Public Employees Association (WPEA)
- Pacific Northwest Regional Council of Carpenters
- Ferry Agents, Supervisors and Project Administrators Association (FASPAA)
- Inlandboatmen's Union of the Pacific (IBU)
- Marine Engineer Beneficial Association (MEBA) Licensed Engineer Officers
- MEBA Unlicensed Engine Room Employees
- Metal Trades Unions
- Masters, Mates and Pilots (MM&P) - Masters
- MM&P - Mates
- MM&P - Watch Center Supervisors
- Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU) Local 8
- SEIU Local 6
- Washington State Patrol Lieutenants & Captains Association (WSPLCA)
- Washington State Patrol Troopers Association (WSPTA)
- Adult Family Home Providers - Adult Family Home Council
- Child Care Providers - SEIU Local 925
- Home Care Individual Providers - SEIU Healthcare 775NW
- Language Access Providers - WFSE
Important: Updates may be added at the end of each contract under the heading of MOU (Memorandum of Understanding).
Last updated: October 10, 2018