HRMS Data Stewards
State Human Resources facilitates the Human Resource Management System (HRMS) Data Stewards group. This group is comprised of agency-designated HRMS data experts and State HR subject matter experts from Rules, Classification/Compensation, Labor Relations, and HR Analytics.
The purpose of the HRMS Data Stewards is to ensure more accurate and consistent HRMS data through collaboration on data definitions, data input and coding practices, and process documentation.
Agency HRMS Data Stewards lead agency participation on HRMS data definition activities. In some instances, additional subject matter experts may participate, depending on the data field or process topic. Agency participants are essential for reviewing current data input and coding practices and assisting in defining fields and processes.
Regular meetings are held quarterly on the first Wednesday of the month. Additional working meetings are held as needed.
- Non-perm to perm action reason: update data definition
- Pay adjust reason: review data definitions
- Wage types and absence types: new data definitions
- Personnel subarea and pay scale type: new data definitions
- HRMS Data Definitions - Information and background on the HRMS Data Definition process as well as published data definitions and data input and coding resources.
- HRMS Data Stewards Charter [PDF] - Information on the HRMS Data Steward's objectives, focus, roles and responsibilities, and member list.
- HRMS Support Hub - provides centralized guidance and resource materials for HRMS users.