Whitman County Home Page
Explore our links to information about Whitman County, including a variety of sources dealing specifically with the Economy, county government Finance, Criminal Justice, Human Services, and Population.
See specific topics for the most current information
- Whitman County Overview from the Choose Washington website.
- Whitman County Profile from the Washington State Data Book
- Census Data:
Census 2010 | Demographic - 2000
Cities & Towns - 2000 | Socioeconomic - 2000
1990 Profile | County-to-County Worker Flows
- U.S. Census Bureau County QuickFacts
- Median Household Income Estimates by County
- Washington Regional Economic Analysis Project
A variety of income indicators for Washington counties and regions with interactive tables, charts, maps, and discussion from the Central Washington University Pacific Northwest Regional Economic Analysis Project.
- Washington Workforce Explorer Whitman County Profile from the Employment Security Department
Economic and labor force information at the county level, including industry employment and wages, occupational projections, occupational wage surveys, size-of-firm data, and analysis.
- Palouse Economic Development Council
Economic development council of Asotin, Columbia, Garfield, and Whitman Counties.
- Washington Center for Real Estate Research from the Washington State University (WSU) Cooperative Extension. Housing market data — home sales, home prices, affordability, building permits, and inventory information — is available at the county level.
- Local Area Personal Income information from the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA), including personal income and per capita personal income; average wage; wage & salary employment; full-time and part-time employment by industry
- U.S. Census of Agriculture, 2007
County-level data plus links to prior censuses of agriculture.
- Local Government Finance Reporting System
Revenue and expenditure data for counties and cities in Washington from the State Auditor's Office. Data series begins in 1991.
- The Municipal Research and Services Center published A Revenue Guide for Washington Counties and A Revenue Guide for Washington Cities & Towns, which contain descriptions of taxes that involve local governments.
- Consolidated Federal Funds Report
- Washington State County Criminal Justice Databook:
1990 to 2011 | 1985 to 1995
- Washington State Criminal Justice Statistical Analysis Center
Links to many sources of criminal justice information.
- DSHS Blue Book
Last published in 2002. Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) client service data at State, Regional And Community Service Office (CSO) levels in the program Areas of Grant Welfare (Including Food Stamps) and Children's Services.
- Clients Counts and Service Costs - (DSHS)
- Risk and Protection Profile for Substance Abuse Prevention for Washington State and its Counties - (DSHS)
- Key to Population Information
- Local Small Area Data from OFM's Small Area Estimate Program (i.e. Fire Protection Districts, Census Designated Places, ZIP Code Tabulation Areas, School Districts, etc.)
- Emergency Shelter Assistance Reports
A variety of reports with county-level data from the Department of Commerce concerning homeless families and individuals.
- Special Area Population Estimates
Last updated: August 11, 2011