In 2007 the Washington State Legislature authorized E2SSB 5930 to adopt recommendations developed by the Blue Ribbon Commission. The Strategic Health Planning website is being expanded to provide access to data, publications, and resources that inform health policy development towards the high-performing health system envisioned by policy makers.
- Washington State MONAHRQ: Hospital Utilization, Quality, and Avoidable Stays - 2009-2011 - September 2013
- 2012 Washington State Health Care Consumer Survey Data Report - January 2013
- Washington State Primary Care Physician Assistant Survey Data Report - August 2012
- Washington State Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Survey Data Report - August 2012
- Medicaid Expansion Options for Washington - October 2012
- Washington State Primary Care Workforce: Summary of Physician Focus Group Findings - August 2012
University of Washington
- Washington State Primary Care Provider Survey, 2011-2012: Summary of Findings - August 2012
University of Washington
- The ACA Medicaid Expansion in Washington - May 2012
- Understanding Newly Covered Populations - January 2012
Urban Institute Presentation
Data available for understanding key access, cost, and quality components of Washington's health care system. Some data sources allow comparison to other states. Primary data sources currently include local and national surveys and data gathering on population characteristics, employers, health services delivery, health expenditures, and health status.
Online access to information about the Washington health care facilities, and available research on the current health care workforce.
Publications, tools, and data that describe the insurance status of Washingtonians, primary sources of insurance, the affordability of health insurance, and common options being considered locally and nationally for increasing access to insurance by individuals and their families.
Analyses, reports, and on-line tools that describe patterns of health care utilization in various settings, such as inpatient care, emergency care, outpatient care, primary care, specialty care, and mental health care.
Ongoing Office of Financial Management and national research into geographic variation in the use and distribution of medical resources; and key public-private initiatives targeting health care quality improvement in Washington State.
Overarching guidance for health planning directed by the Washington State Legislature, including the Blue Ribbon Commission on Health Care Costs and Access, and the Office of Strategic Health Planning.
Links to common national health policy and research organizations, and state and federal agencies whose missions revolve around health policy.
Last updated: September 25, 2013