- Employment Security Department
Economic history, industry employment and wages, occupational projections, occupational wage surveys, size-of-firm data, and analysis.
- Office of the Forecast Council
Quarterly economic and revenue forecasts for Washington.
- Department of Commerce
Business development, business assistance, energy policy, tourism, and international trade.
- Department of Revenue
See the "Statistical Reports" section for links to comparative state and local tax studies, tax reference manual, tax statistics, and more.
- Legislative Evaluation and Accountability Program (LEAP) Committee
The Local Government Finance Study describes services provided by the state, counties, cities, school districts, and transit and related costs, revenue sources, and trends.
- State Auditor's Office
The Local Government Finance Reporting System provides revenue and expenditure data for counties and cities in Washington. The data series begins in 1991.
- Washington State University
- Washington Center for Real Estate Research from the Washington State University (WSU) Cooperative Extension. Housing market data — home sales, home prices, affordability, building permits, and inventory information — is available at the county level.
- U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)
Information related to the production, distribution, and use of the Nation's output, including the gross domestic product (GDP). Also, estimates of the Nation's tangible wealth and input-output tables that show how industries interact.
- Regional Facts
Narratives for States, counties, and metropolitan statistical areas that describe an area's personal income using current estimates, growth rates, and a breakdown of the sources of personal income.
- Annual State Personal Income
- Local Area Personal Income
Personal income and per capita personal income, wage and salary estimates, and employment data, with industry breakouts for some measures, at the county and metropolitan area level.
- Regional Facts
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
The principal fact-finding agency for the Federal Government in the broad field of labor economics and statistics. Administers surveys and programs in the areas of employment and unemployment, prices and living conditions, compensation and working conditions, productivity and technology, employment projections, foreign labor statistics, and international price indexes.
- U.S. Census Bureau
The Census Bureau collects and provides data about the people and economy of the United States.
- Income Topics
Earnings by occupation and education; historical income tables; child support; income inequality; 4-Person median family income by State; income measurement; Current Population Survey (CPS) income reports; Survey of Income and Program Participation (SIPP) income reports; and more.
- Poverty Topics
Links to how the Census Bureau measures poverty; poverty thresholds; Census historical poverty tables: 1959-1989; poverty areas statistical brief; recent poverty measurement research; Health and Human Services poverty guidelines; Current Population Survey (CPS) poverty reports; Survey of Income and Program Participation (SIPP) poverty reports; and more.
- Housing Topics
Links to American Housing Survey data; home ownership data; housing affordability; housing vacancy data; market absorption of apartments; property owners and managers survey; residential segregation - 1990; historical tables from the Housing Censuses; and more.
- U.S. Census Bureau State & County QuickFacts
Links to population, demographic, and housing information from the 1990 Census; income and poverty estimates; County Business Patterns Economic Profile; 1996 Government Finances; General Profile from the Statistical Abstract of the United States; USA Counties General Profile; and more.
- 2007 Economic Census
The Economic Census profiles the U.S. economy every 5 years, from the national to the local level. Reports are now available for all geographic areas and all sectors.
- Census Economic Briefing Rooms
A variety of economic indicators gleaned from census programs. Links to information about retail and wholesale trade, new home sales, construction spending, durable goods manufacturers' shipments and orders, international trade in goods and services, housing starts, home ownership, and more.
- Foreign Trade Statistics
Links to current trade data; most recent trade figures from U.S. International Trade In Goods and Services Report (FT900 Report); historical data; steel imports; top trading partners; deficits, surpluses, total trade; trade balance (by country on a monthly basis); trade highlights; digest of current trade numbers; and more.
- Income Topics
- Economic Development Administration
The Economic Development Administration (EDA) provides grants for infrastructure development, local capacity building, and business development to help communities alleviate conditions of substantial and persistent unemployment and underemployment in economically distressed areas and regions.
- Federal Reserve Bank
Twelve regional Federal Reserve Banks across the U.S., together with the Board of Governors in Washington, D.C., serve as our nation's central bank.
- Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco serves the region that includes Washington state.
- Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
- Statistical data (national)
Interest rates (including prime rate historical), consumer price index, the value of the dollar.
- Summary of Commentary on Current Economic Conditions by Federal Reserve District ("The Beige Book")
Contains anecdotal information on current economic conditions by district through reports from Bank and Branch directors and interviews with key business contacts, economists, market experts, and other sources. Published eight times per year.
- Small Business Administration Office of Advocacy The U.S. Small Business Administration provides loans, loan guarantees, contracts, counseling sessions and other forms of assistance to small businesses. This is a link to the Economic Statistics and Research page, which includes the following specific items and more:
- Small Business Economic Indicators - Annual reports include a quick reference guide to current data on small business activity (new firms, employment, income and failures) by state. Tables listing indicators for about the last ten years by state are included. Data are available for download.
- Firm Size Data
- State Small Business Economic Profiles