2015 general election ballot fiscal information
As required by RCW 29A.72.025, the Office of Financial Management (OFM) has prepared the fiscal impact statements for initiatives certified by the Secretary of State to appear on the November general election ballot.
Fiscal impact statements
- Initiative 1366 – Concerns state taxes and fees
- Initiative 1401 – Concerns trafficking of animal species threatened with extinction
As required by RCW 43.135.041, four bills approved by the 2014 Legislature will appear on the general election ballot as Advisory Votes to the People. OFM prepared and distributed a 10-year cost projection notice for each of these bills, as required by RCW 43.135.031.
10-year cost projection notices
- Advisory Vote No. 10 – 10-year cost projection notice for Engrossed Substitute House Bill 1449
- Advisory Vote No. 11 – 10-year cost projection notice for Second Substitute Senate Bill 5052
- Advisory Vote No. 12 – 10-year cost projection notice for Second Engrossed Substitute Senate Bill 5987 [10-year cost projection table for 2ESSB 5987]
- Advisory Vote No. 13 – 10-year cost projection notice for Engrossed Substitute Senate Bill 6138
- Fiscal note for ESHB 1449
- Fiscal note for 2SSB 5052
- Fiscal note for 2ESSB 5987
- Fiscal note for ESSB 6138
The difference between 10-year cost projections and fiscal notes
- A 10-year cost projection provides the cost estimate of a bill over a 10-year period. Cost estimates for each year are reported separately and include only tax or fee increases.
- A fiscal note provides the cost estimate of a bill over 6 years, grouped in 2-year periods. A fiscal note includes other information about the bill that is not included in the 10-year cost projection.