What we do
The Office of Financial Management provides vital information, fiscal services and policy support that the Governor, Legislature and state agencies need to serve the people of Washington State. We:
- Play a central role in budget planning, policy development, and fiscal administration for the executive branch.
- Prepare the executive budget proposal and monitor budget implementation.
- Create statewide technology policy and standards and provides strategic direction and enterprise architecture for state government.
- Develop and maintain state administrative and accounting policies and prepare statewide financial reports.
- Conduct executive policy research and develop legislation to support the Governor's policy goals.
- Provide estimates of state and local population, monitor changes in the state economy and labor force, and conduct research on a variety of issues affecting the state budget and public policy.
- Manage statewide human resource policy functions including classification, compensation, workforce data, recruitment and other policy functions.
- EXCELLENCE: We deliver accurate information, clear communication and outstanding service.
- INTEGRITY: We are accountable and can be counted on to say what needs to be said, to get to the truth and to do what we say we’re going to do.
- COLLABORATION: We promote teamwork and the strength that comes from respecting the talents and contributions of many, all working together as one.
- BALANCE: We respect our work and personal life enough to know we can’t excel at one without the other.
- LEADERSHIP: We are committed to improving state government