What we do
The Office of Financial Management provides vital information, fiscal services and policy support that the Governor, Legislature and state agencies need to serve the people of Washington State. We:
- Play a central role in budget planning, policy development, and fiscal administration for the executive branch.
- Prepare the executive budget proposal and monitor budget implementation.
- Create statewide technology policy and standards and provides strategic direction and enterprise architecture for state government.
- Develop and maintain state administrative and accounting policies and prepare statewide financial reports.
- Conduct executive policy research and develop legislation to support the Governor's policy goals.
- Provide estimates of state and local population, monitor changes in the state economy and labor force, and conduct research on a variety of issues affecting the state budget and public policy.
- Manage statewide human resource policy functions including classification, compensation, workforce data, recruitment and other policy functions.
- Integrity: We provide timely, accurate answers, clear, open and honest communications with customers, stakeholders and co-workers.
- Collaboration: We promote teamwork, drawing on the expertise and talents of many to achieve common goals.
- Respect: We recognize the value of diverse backgrounds and perspectives; we treat everyone with dignity, fairness and understanding.
- Leadership: We establish a clear vision, share that vision with others and provide the information, knowledge and methods to realize that vision.
- Excellence: We strive for the highest standards of data and information quality, pursue continuous improvement of our work and creatively approach issues and problems.